Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::units primer needed
From: Noah Roberts (roberts.noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-21 18:14:21

On 7/21/2011 2:25 PM, Michael Powell wrote:
> Boost Units users,
>
> I need to find a *really* good boost::units primer to get me started.
> we've got some units-based calculations that need to be developed and I
> hope to make use of boost in order to facilitate those calculations
> taking place. so far what I am thinking of as a basic type calculation
> isn't panning out quite right, more likely I am failing to grasp just
> what I need to do to string together the quantities in accordance with
> the units framework which allows the calculations to happen properly...
> I don't know if any of this is making sense.

More than this?

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/boost_units/Examples.html#boost_units.Examples.KitchenSinkExample

There's a bunch of other examples too. There is a lot that can be done
with the library that doesn't seem to be documented, or at least not
obviously, but just making equation code seems very well documented.

Maybe you should post your attempt so people can see what you're trying
to do and what you're doing wrong.