Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Need a solid dictionary/map/query interface
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellnm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-09-24 19:35:08

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Raymond Burkholder <ray_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> > > A little background, we've got Visual Studio 2008 C++/CLI library
> through
> > > which we'd like to expose a dictionary-mapped data abstraction. We'd
> like
> > > be able to ask some questions about the dictionary mapping, whether for
> > its
> > > keys, values, or some combination thereof.
> > >

> > > Does boost offer something along these lines comparable to Linq?
> >

> > If you mean sql-like syntax, then the answer is most likely no.
>
> If you are up to creating your own Domain Specific Language, look at
> boost::spirit.

Nosir, probably overkill for what we're considering. I'd located Continuous
Linq (CLINQ), but it seems to be somewhat stale or lacking support? Anyhow,
it's the same old argument, C++/CLI is a second class citizen in the .NET
realm, which is really what we want: to be able to use the Linq (or similar)
extensions on some .NET collections like Dictionary (best case), or do some
work through STL/NET map (acceptable, but far from "efficient" for the
questions I'd like to ask "ad hoc").