Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Boost-Interest][General] Will Boost C++ work for my device control software
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-20 15:10:25

Le 20/10/11 15:53, Boost lzw a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
> I am soon to start a project and am wondering if I can use Boost C++
> for it. Basically, I am going to develop software to control a variety
> of devices. The "Big Picture" of it is this: the software will "talk"
> to each of these devices via their drivers from different "interfaces"
> - USB port, serial port, etc., and collecting measurement data from
> these devices and controlling them.
> My "Big Picture" questions are: is it possible for me to use Boost C++
> for these tasks. If so, how? Any links to where I should look at in
> the Boost documentation would be welcomed. Are there any specific
> Boost library that I should study before starting the project. Thanks
> in advance.

Hi,

the first thing you need to check is if Boost works well with the
compiler you can use. Of course the services provided by the platform
need to be considered as well (threading, ...)

I don't think there are specific libraries you should use for these kind
of applications (maybe asio could be helpful if your platform support
it), but all the general purpose libraries are useful.

Best,
Vicente