Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Problems with stl::map
From: Michael Powell (mwpowellhtx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-02 10:47:16

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM, Eric Niebler <eniebler_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 13-04-01 06:14 PM, Michael Powell wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Perhaps there is a boost answer for this, I don't know.
> >
> > I have a typedef unsigned char byte defined in global scope. Then a
> > typedef byte address_type defined in the scope of a class.
> >
> > I'd like to setup a std::map<address_type, byte> if at all possible.
> >
> > Or just in general, use std::map, but it doesn't seem to like anything I
> > give it.
> >
> > I am building using GCC 4.7.2 cross compiling to ARM through Sourcery
> > CodeBench for ARM.
> >
> > Kind of at a loss.
>
> This is a mailing list for users of Boost. Let's keep it on-topic. Thanks.

Would like to. I try to do something simple like #include <map> ... typedef
std::map<int, int> my_map; and I get "Symbol 'map' could not be resolved".

I doubt it's a language thing, not sure whether that's an IDE thing, or I
need to include another library than GLIBC to get it to work.

Or, is there a boost alternative I could use if this one won't work. I hate
to do something like that for such a core container, but would help expose
maps into the approach where needed.