Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Adding more than 20 rows in transition table for Boost::MSM
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-22 15:11:39

>You think the problem is with states?
I try to guess without seeing code...
>But before I defined the mpl no preprocessed header macro all compiles well except that I have 21 states which is beyond the limit
Then it’s definitely wrong.
Frankly, don’t rely too much on the compiler to not compile if you exceed the limit. I once saw a fsm with 40 transitions and 30 states and gcc never complained, never understood why.

>When I define the no preprocessed header macro I get this weird warnings.
>Do I need to define those macros in my dependencies project as well? Since they use some boost..
You need to define it in the TU including the msm headers. If you include msm from a header (which you should avoid) you might get a conflict so you’d have to define it for all, which would everywhere increase compile-times so don’t do it.