Subject: Re: [Boost-users] How to fetch boost libraries and their dependencies from github via CMake
From: Gonzalo BG (gonzalobg88_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-30 05:24:49

I started giving it a try with Boost.DynamicBitset but I discovered another
two issues:

- the boost libraries do not use git tags for marking the version used in
the boost release

It would help if the release version of each boost library was tagged on
its master branch (e.g. tag: 1.58). This can be worked around by using
exact commit hashes as a reference. Finding these commits (e.g. through the
modular boost superproject is extra work).

- where do all these Find/FetchBoostLibrary.cmake files live?

Ideally each library should have only its own, so to install a library with
dependencies we need to get a specific version of the
Find/FetchBoostLibrary.cmake file of each dependency. This is doable, but
needs some cmake machinery.

I think I'll give it another try in the next couple of days. I'm going to
start with Boost.Config, Boost.Assert, and Boost.Core. And I'm going to
completely ignore non-header only libraries first.

If anyone is willing to help or give fast feedback please let me know.