Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] Boost.Fiber mini-review September 4-13
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-05 14:26:25

> I almost forgot to mention: Even without migratable fibers, users of
> Boost.Fiber can not be guarantueed that all fibers are executed within the
> same NUMA domain as the OS is free to migrate its processes/threads however
> it wants.

1. boost.fiber does not know anything about NUMA - this is done in
boost.job (I mentioned this lib as an example how boost.fiber could be used
to execute jobs and distribute those jobs on processors)
2. you could pin an os thread to a processor

> This can only be encountered with third party tools like numactl, libnuma,
> hwloc or likwid-pin.

or you use the os specific syscalls - as boost.job does, so no third party
tools are required