Subject: Re: [Boost-users] 1.66 changes in layout suffix seems to break cmake finder
From: Stephan Menzel (stephan.menzel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-09 15:45:40

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 11:13 AM, Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> If my understanding is correct, even if the default layout changed, the
> previous layout is still there so you can use the "--layout=<layout>"
> option of Boost 1.66's b2,
> which I just realized is not documented online yet, so just look at the
> help info. I'm not totally sure but I think you need "versioned" layout to
> get the previous layout.

Well, sadly not. I always specify the layout manually for the different
platforms and for Windows I normally choose "versioned" so that I get the
desired scheme. Since 1.66 ,"versioned" yields this different result.

Anyway, manually renaming the files and disabling all autolinking did the
trick and I can now use stock CMake again to locate the libraries. As long
as I am fully static that is.

Thanks everyone!

Best regards...
Stephan