From: Pritam Gharat (pritam01gharat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-01 11:46:54

Hi Robert,

I have gone through the documentation. Below is the list of things I did
for serialization and deserialization.

   1. Define serialize function in the class whose instances I wish to
   serialize. In my example it is ObjectNew which has pointers of type Bar_A
   and Foo_A. Both are base classes and the pointers of these pointers point
   to instances of theri derived classes. So I have serialize function defined
   for Bar_A, Foo_A and all their derived classes (which includes Foo_C,
   Foo_D, Bar_B, Bar_C).
   2. Call to boost::serialization::base_object in the serialize function
   of derived classes which in turn calls serialize function of the
   corresponding base classes.
   3. For classes with non-defualt constructor, I have over-ridden
   save_construct_data and load_construct_data functions.
   4. Registering derived classes whose instances are pointed by pointers
   with types of their base classes using BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT.
   5. And finally use boost::archive::text_oarchive and
   boost::archive::text_iarchive for serialization and deserialization.

Please let me know if I have missed something or I am doing something wrong.

Pritam Gharat