Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Hello + some newbie questions
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz)
Date: 2009-05-06 18:52:55

Barend wrote:
> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> Where would you propose to start changing it? I mean, which parts
>> are not generated for sure? Or we can defer this after the
>> projection generator program is updated.
>
> All in "proj" is generated. I'll change the program soon, it is not
> much work.

Cool thanks!

>>> The functions forward/inverse return true/false and I will come
>>> back to these.
>>>

>> OK
>
> Let's do it now shortly: should they raise an exception here? It is
> here different than in WKT. The point might be not in reach of the
> projection. That is not really "exceptional", it just can happen.
> Should it then raise an exception? It is not really an error.
> However, propagating true/false is also not that nice. So what will
> we do here... We've to think about this carefully.

IMHO, it depends on how the point-out-of-proj is considered in
terms of the state of program/engine.
If the result is still usable, though not accurate, then exception is
too "strong" option.

However, if such situation is not acceptable for further processing,
then exception seems to be proper option.

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net