Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] spacial index construction interface
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande)
Date: 2011-03-10 05:02:24

Hi,

> On 9-3-2011 20:53, Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:
>
>> As Bruno has written translator should only translate from Value to
>> Indexable. Values should have operator== defined. equals() inside the
>> translator isn't needed. But I didn't see operator== defined for
>> geometry::point and geometry::box so this should be defined.
>>

> Even if it was the case, generally we can't expect every operations an
indexing structure needs to do on an Indexable will be available as a
Boost.Geometry algorithm straight away. We'll probably have to define
index-structure-specific traits, but those traits should operate on
Indexable, not on Index, and the translator is only used to return an
Indexable out of an Index. That's basically the idea. From what I can read
in the previous messages you agree with this general approach?

Regards
Bruno