Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] io - WKB
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-28 06:57:42

On 27 August 2013 18:52, Mats Taraldsvik <mats.taraldsvik_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 07/29/2013 11:44 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>
> Sorry for the late response. I finally had time to look at this, and have
> implemented a working MultiPoint-parser. Currently, the implementation
> modifies include/boost/geometry/extensions/gis/io/wkb/parser.hpp and
> read_wkb.hpp (and also an equals implementation for multipoints in
> include/boost/geometry/multi/algorithms/equals.hpp).
>
> Do you want me to move the multipoint implementations to a multi-directory,
> as in the rest of boost geometry?
> include/boost/geometry/extensions/multi/gis/io/wkb/parser.hpp and
> read_wkb.hpp, perhaps?

Yes, this move & include sounds good.

Here my old post with outline of the I/O folders structure that you
may find useful:

http://lists.boost.org/geometry/2011/12/1709.php

I believe it's up to date and we should try to keep it that way.

> I could only find tests for Point in
> extensions/test/gis/io/wkb/read_wkb.cpp, should I add some tests for
> LineString, Polygon.. as well?

Yes, tests for other geometry types are missing, apparently.
If you could add them, that would be awesome.

> Should I move my tests for MultiPoint from
> extensions/test/gis/io/wkb/read_wkb.cpp to another multi-folder as well?
> extensions/test/multi/gis/io/wkb/read_wkb.cpp?

I think we can keep all tests in single place,
in extensions/test/gis/io/wkb/ directory,
similarly to the current tests for WKT.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
"Participation in this whole process is a form of torture" ~~ Szalony

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net