Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] io - WKB
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-28 11:37:21

Hi Mats,

Great, thanks for your efforts!

On 28-8-2013 12:57, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On 27 August 2013 18:52, Mats Taraldsvik <mats.taraldsvik_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Sorry for the late response. I finally had time to look at this, and have
>> implemented a working MultiPoint-parser. Currently, the implementation
>> modifies include/boost/geometry/extensions/gis/io/wkb/parser.hpp and
>> read_wkb.hpp (and also an equals implementation for multipoints in
>> include/boost/geometry/multi/algorithms/equals.hpp).
>>
>> Do you want me to move the multipoint implementations to a multi-directory,
>> as in the rest of boost geometry?
>> include/boost/geometry/extensions/multi/gis/io/wkb/parser.hpp and
>> read_wkb.hpp, perhaps?
> Yes, this move & include sounds good.
>
> Here my old post with outline of the I/O folders structure that you
> may find useful:
>
> http://lists.boost.org/geometry/2011/12/1709.php
>
> I believe it's up to date and we should try to keep it that way.

Yes, agreed. SVG is released in the meantime.

>> I could only find tests for Point in
>> extensions/test/gis/io/wkb/read_wkb.cpp, should I add some tests for
>> LineString, Polygon.. as well?
> Yes, tests for other geometry types are missing, apparently.
> If you could add them, that would be awesome.
>
>> Should I move my tests for MultiPoint from
>> extensions/test/gis/io/wkb/read_wkb.cpp to another multi-folder as well?
>> extensions/test/multi/gis/io/wkb/read_wkb.cpp?
> I think we can keep all tests in single place,
> in extensions/test/gis/io/wkb/ directory,
> similarly to the current tests for WKT.

Agreed - for WKB it there is no need to separate multi. I started with
that in the past and for overlay-algorithms it is certainly useful, but
for formats it is not really important, or actually inconvenient, I
consider to move wkt/dsv too.

Do you have SVN write-access to extensions?

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net