Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] Non-axis aligned bounding box collision in 3D
From: David Sauter (delwin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-27 14:45:48

Greetings,

I've got a current implementation that works using BG and r-tree but it's
using an AABB that completely encompass the query area so I've got a lot of
false positives to weed through. I'm looking for a cleaner way to query a
large data set.

 The data set consists of X/Y plane squares of various sizes and at
various coordinates within a known range. The tricky part is that I need
to cull all but those that touch a small square area projected along a
non-axis aligned vector.

Is there any way to query the r-tree with a non-axis aligned bounding box?
If not is there a known way to do this query that I'm just overlooking?

David Sauter

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net