From: Sean Corfield (sean.corfield_at_[hidden])
Date: 1998-12-01 06:45:46

Well, not much. This is more to let you know the list is still alive and,
er, kicking...

Beman's been busy working on updates to the web site - more news from him in
due course I expect. I've been real busy so I haven't had a chance to upload
the last lot of stuff he sent me (but I think he's incorporating that in
what he's been doing this week).

Some folks are working on a set of composition function objects (remind me
who please!).

Some folks are working on a set of smart pointers (again, remind me who
please!).

Anyone taking up the challenge of a set of pattern matching classes to sit
on top of basic_string<> (as we once discussed when we were contemplating a
text<> class)?

Are we planning to hammer out any hash-based container classes?

Here at IS Solutions, we've been putting together some file system classes
(in Java, admittedly) that might fit in well with Dietmar's directory
iterators... any interest in that?

Any other classes that might be worth exploring? Anything within the
standard library that we think might usefully be 'adapted' in a
future-standard way?

--
Sean A Corfield
Senior Designer