From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1998-12-06 10:34:46

At 02:33 PM 12/1/98 +0100, Dietmar wrote:

>I want to produce an algorithm library for graph algorithms (simple
ones
>first, of course). Something like STL for graphs instead of
sequences.
>However, this will still take quite a while before I can release
something
>in this direction. If it is not in the scope of the Boost library, I
would
>release it independent from this library...

There are (at least) these possibilities:

* A component which goes into namespace boost, and is intended to
complement other namespace boost components.

* A separate library, with its own outer namespace, which uses
namespace boost components in passing, but is not part of namespace
boost.

* A completely separate library, which makes no reference whatsoever
to namespace boost components.

It seems to me that all of the above are acceptable for posting on
www.boost.org.

Authors will make the initial decision. They can ask people via this
mailing list if guidance is desired. If reviewers feel strongly,
they can try to convince an author to move a component into/out-of
namespace boost.

--Beman