From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-05-31 20:38:14

At 06:18 PM 5/31/99 +0200, Valentin Bonnard wrote:

>I think we should adopt some lexical conventions if we want
>a consistent naming in Boost.
>
>I suggest to follow Nathan's advice:
>- lower_case variables and functions
>- UpperCase types [actually mixed case, with first letter always
uppercase]

I use that convention myself for applications programs for many
years, and am happy with it.

But most boost submissions so far have been designed to work closely
with the C++ Standard Library, so have followed its naming
conventions. Some are likely to be proposed for inclusion in the
five year revision to the standard, so the authors of these will be
adamant about following the standard's naming conventions.

So it doesn't look like a good idea to me to flatly say "do it one
way" or "do it the other way".

--Beman

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost