From: Sean A Corfield (sean_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-06-12 03:41:37

On Friday, June 11, 1999 2:11 PM, Valentin Bonnard
[SMTP:Bonnard.V_at_[hidden]] wrote:
> All this mess IMHO leads to:
> 1) almost unreadable code
> 2) reduced use of functional programming in C++

I agree completely Valentin.

> And of course, it isn't on topic for this list, as
> support for such things would require a language
> extension. I just wanted to see if this kind of idea
> got some support here.

I spent three years as a postgraduate doing research into functional
programming language design (& implementation) so I really support the FP
idioms. Which is why I'd like to see some *readable* library code to support
them.

--
Sean A Corfield                            fax:+441252654077
Technical Director                      tel/sms:+44385758805