From: Ed Brey (brey_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-06-18 12:49:26

Email seemed somewhat boring, until Andy Glew wrote:

>Why not say "function_0ary",
>"function_1ary",
>"function_2ary"

I like the idea of using number. However, using suffixes with numbers
in ordinal from can often be awkward, as is the case here. I'd suggest
something like:

function_0_arg
function_1_arg
function_2_arg

An interesting question is whether arg should become args for 0 and 2.

Also, any numbering scheme here has a distinct disadvantage: it
diverges from the standard. If we didn't already have unary_function
and binary_function, it would be more tempting. I don't like the idea
of having unary_function and something else to do the same thing.
Augmenting the standard is preferable to replacing it, so long as
it can be done reasonably cleanly.

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost