From: Greg Colvin (greg_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-06-22 14:07:03

From: Reid Sweatman <reids_at_[hidden]>
> > From: Greg Colvin [mailto:greg_at_[hidden]]
> > > but I think that leading underscores are discouraged by the
> > C++ standard.
> >
> > Not just discouraged, but reserved for the implementor and
> > forbidden to the
> > user.
>
> Unless the spec has changed since I last looked, the symbols reserved to
> implementation use were those that contained double underscores and those
> that began with an underscore followed by a capital letter.

17.4.3.1.2 Global names [lib.global.names]

1 Certain sets of names and function signatures are always reserved to
  the implementation:

  --Each name that contains a double underscore __) or begins with an
    underscore followed by an uppercase letter (_lex.key_) is reserved
    to the implementation for any use.

  --Each name that begins with an underscore is reserved to the imple-
    mentation for use as a name in the global namespace.22)

  22) Such names are also reserved in namespace ::std (_lib.re-
  served.names_).

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost