From: Reid Sweatman (reids_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-06-22 14:35:49

Right. I didn't mention the single underscore for global namespace because
it's so obviously lethal to use it under most compilers. I was thinking
more of the ones I once inadvertantly tripped over <g>. I set up a set of
editor macros a long, long time ago (a long time ago...to quote good old
Alec G.) that used symbols beginning and ending with double underscores as
header sentries. Don't think it was illegal back when, and actually, I've
never had a compiler choke on them. Still, when I read that section of the
current spec, I promptly changed my macros, in the interest of avoiding some
hard-to-track bug in future code.

http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/363

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost