From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-01 08:21:34

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~getknown/simetric.html#common
>the SI unit for seconds is a lower-case "s". That also matches what
>I've seen from high school, although I have seen "S" used in
contexts
>where SI conformance wasn't being claimed.
>
>As far as I can tell (limited personal experience and web pages -
nothing
>authoritative), the "s" is language independent.

Thanks to Andy, Ed, and Valentin for their replies. I had never even
heard of Le System International d'Unités before, but a quick web
search showed that it is widely used, so I will change the code
accordingly.

--Beman

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost