From: Nicolai Josuttis (nicolai.josuttis_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-01 15:44:18

Nathan Myers wrote:

> Nico wrote:
> > Dave Abrahams wrote:
> > > #ifndef __SGI_STL_INTERNAL_FUNCTION_H
> > > # define compose1 compose_f_gx
> > > # define compose2 compose_f_gx_hx
> > > #endif
> > >
> > > Why would anyone do that?
> >
> > This is to honor the fact that the SGI implementation
> > uses compose1 and compose2 instead of compose_f_gx and compose_f_gx_hx
> > for years now ...
>
> You don't need macros for that. You can provide duplicate
> definitions, or inlines that call the official names.

I know (and I don't want to start a war about using macros again).
I just used macros here because they were simple one-lines to
make a quick hack for staying backward combatible.
I don't wanted to make a clean definition of compose1 and compose2.
It is just a useful hack. And I wanted it to look like that
(it seems It worked:-).

> BTW: Is the sense of the #ifndef, above, correct?

Yes, it avoids doing the definitions of compose1 and compose2
if they are defined by having included this STL header before.

--
Nicolai M. Josuttis
Solutions in Time