From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-07 21:30:44

> Any other needs ?
>
> Do you have any algorithm which could be
> specialized according to another criteria ?

I think there are some strangenesses with value_type which need to be teased
out for various associative containers.

For example, *begin() is of type value_type for most containers, but I think
there might be an extra const for associative containers.

You might want some way to get the key part of the value_type generically
for associative containers.

Also, you might want some way to determine whether values with unequal keys
will remain in the same order over multiple insertions (hashed vs
non-hashed).

If you take a look at my EH test from the STLPort (although the container
type tag system had to be mangled for reasons of portability to broken
compilers), you'll see some real-world examples of the use of specialization
based on container properties. That might help a bit.

HTH,
Dave

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost