From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-07 21:38:08

> Well, there is one that IMO we need (and that started
> the whole issue): node_based vs. not_node_based.
> There are several issues related to this property (e.g. exception
> safety)

"Node-based" doesn't really distinguish enough. How about
container_traits<T>::exception_guarantee(operation)?

Also, we may need to do some interesting things to capture some of the
conditional guarantees. It would be nice if

container_traits<vector<int> >::exception_guarantee(op)

were boost::strong_guarantee or boost::no_throw_guarantee for all ops

Wheras

container_traits<vector<string> >::exception_guarantee(op) wouldn't have
this property.

-Dave

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost