From: Reid Sweatman (reids_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-12 18:50:36

> A) .h
> B) .hpp
> C) Left up to submitter

I've never really liked .hpp, but of the choices given, it's the one I'd
choose, precisely because of the makefile issue. There are other programs
that base some judgements on extension, too, like editors (for instance,
MultiEdit, which I use by preference, although it currently doesn't
distinguish between C and C++. It could, however, with very little
modification).

I was wondering, though, why not follow the STL convention of using *no*
extension (although I realize that such files are usually merely wrappers
that include a more conventional header).

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost