From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-12 19:21:54

At 04:36 PM 7/12/99 -0700, Reid Sweatman wrote:

>Well, with that broad a mandate, "Stuff" would seem to cover it,
although I
>somehow don't think it quite conveys the impression of
professionalism one
>would prefer for such a site <g>. Actually, how about "Techniques?"
  It
>seems to me that trying to put all that stuff on one button is
faulty
>partitioning of the problem domain, if you'll pardon a programming
metaphor.
>Things that are really different should have their own links on the
main
>page.

In the long run, I agree. But in the short run it is very much one
step at a time.

>Speaking of which, the "Beta Software" button on the main page
doesn't take
>you to nearly everything that's been discussed, sent in, or proposed
lately.
>If you didn't save the e-mail in which the poster listed the
directory on
>the server, you're in for a long hunt with a lot of guessing. Took
me
>fifteen minutes to find that timer code, because I accidentally
deleted the
>original post. That should be kept a bit more current, I think.

There is a bunch of stuff in the pipeline, but none of it ready to be
called beta just yet. Several updates will get posted some time this
week, hopefully.

--Beman

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost