From: Valentin Bonnard (Bonnard.V_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-13 08:13:23

Reid Sweatman wrote:

> > > the suggestion (which Valentin doesn't like) about
> > > macro-ing out empty throw declarations interesting
> >
> > I don't remember that I have said that.
>
> Then my little plan is working... <g>

It isn't !

> No, you actually didn't say *exactly*
> that, but you did come out against using macros in general in generic
> libraries,

I am against the use of macros in general, and their
abuse in particular. Macros are invasive, and very
often lead to obcsure code.

In some cases, macros are fine.

In this case, the problem isn't macros but exception
specifications, which are considered as a Bad Thing by
some people (Dave and probably others).

> unless I got confused about nested poster/postee levels when I
> read the mail; if so, I apologize.

No problem: it's easy to get confused about other's
opinions when the number of quotations grows.

--
Valentin Bonnard
eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost