From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-15 19:31:38

At 01:50 AM 7/16/99 +0200, Valentin Bonnard wrote:

>Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> There were similar problems with C 10 or 12 years ago, but
>> once a few compiler vendors started advertising "ANSI C
Compilant",
>> many other fell quickly into step.
>
>If I follow your argument, it means that once compiler
>vendors start advertising their products as ANSI compliant,
>the problems fade away.

Well, the problems change from the features not being there, to the
features not working. That is actually progress, at least of a sort.

>Since C++ compiler vendors started advertising their products
>as such several years ago, there are no problems.

Each of the three commercial compilers I work with moves closer to
real compliance with each release. Sure I wish it were happening
faster, but it is happening.

The one exception to this is full support of the template compilation
model. I am not seeing movement there:-(

--Beman

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost