From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-15 19:47:06

We don't seem to have officially stated it anywhere, but I assume we
want a policy that namespace boost libraries can and should use other
namespace boost libraries. Same for headers.

Thus scoped_ptr can and should use boost::noncopyable to express
noncopyability. Timer.h can and should use smart_ptr.h if it needs a
smart pointer.

To make it easy for users, I guess we need a single boost.zip they
can download that has all the namespace boost stuff in it.

That in turn brings up questions of versions. Seems like for a while
longer I am not organized enough to do anything but let each library
freecycle.

Comments?

--Beman

PS. The site has been updated. It now has a More page with a link
to Kevlin's Counted Body Techniques paper, amount other things.

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost