From: Chelly (postmast.root.admi.gov_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-22 08:32:43

At 08:02 AM -0400 1999.07.22, Beman Dawes wrote:
>At 01:16 PM 7/21/99 -0700, Reid Sweatman wrote:
>
>>Man, Dietmar's really active. I was just working up that one
>myself,
>>because I keep needing it in graphics work. Ah, well. Less work
>for me
>><g>. Thanks, Dietmar.
>
>That reminds me of an interesting suggestion that Dietmar made in
>private email. It might be a good idea to have one or two pages on
>the web site that identify:
>
>* Libraries requested. This would let prospective contributors know
>what users are looking for. It would be nice if visitors could fill
>out a request right on the web page, but I will have to figure out if
>the host server supports that.
>
>* Libraries under construction. Who is working on what. This would
>serve to prevent duplication of effort, and allow members to offer
>help to the person doing the work.
>
>Comments?

First, hello everyone! I really like this site. It seems to be a great
beginning (the beginning is always the hard part) for really sharp core
libraries.

Anyway, I wonder if there would be a place for experimental/unpolished
ideas and snippets for people to look at and improve, possibly one day
being put into an actual library. I have *many* such things that I think
could be of use, but they don't (currently) have an audience. For some
reason, posting them to a newsgroup just doesn't seem appropriate, as
there's no common goal - just discussion.

What I'd really like is to be able to get together with everyone
face-to-face and discuss and implement libraries as a group, but this is
the internet :-(

Back to lurking...

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/boost