From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-23 13:13:04

The web site has just been updated:

Several header names changed to .hpp.

A public beta of the timer library is posted.

It is now possible to download all of Boost as a single .zip file.
(Actually, I dropped the photos to keep the file size down.)

The boost_all.zip design is still quite rough around the edges, but
this is the first attempt to make Boost libraries easy for a user to
download and install. Important as several boost headers now include
other boost headers.

The timer headers include the smart_ptr and utility headers. The
smart_ptr header includes config.hpp. See
www.boost.org/boost/config.hpp. There isn't any additional
documentation yet for config.hpp, but the header file spells out the
policy issues in some detail. I feel that the policies address most
of the issues raised in discussions on this mailing list at least to
some extent.

--Beman