From: Ed Brey (brey_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-07-26 12:01:31

Email seemed somewhat boring, until Beman Dawes wrote:

>It is now possible to download all of Boost as a single .zip file.
>(Actually, I dropped the photos to keep the file size down.)

I like the ZIP orgainization such that all the files that need to
be compiled as part of a program using the boost libraries are lumped
together by themselves in one boost directory.

Subsectioning the details of each library into their own directories
is also good. However, I question including the .zip and .tgz files
into the large zip. Presumably, downloading the all-inclusive zip
should preclude the need for the small zip files. It also defeats
your attempt to exclude picturese, as evidenced by the 191k picture
of Dietmar wearing his Pink Floyd shirt in dir_it.zip.

=============

The libraries page says:

Download all of Boost as a single ZIP file. As more libraries refer to
each other, installing one at at time is painful. This is a first try at
making installation easier.

but fails to provides a hyperlink. The hyperlink in the news section
of the main page works fine, however.

<picky> News item:
"Many headers were changed to an extension of .hpp on July 23, 1999.."
has an extra period.</picky>