From: Kevlin Henney (Kevlin.Henney_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-09-02 07:16:21

Beman Dawes wrote:
>My impression is that this whole thing has gotten way out-of-hand.

Agreed. I have gotten tired of it too.

I will remove the boost/cast.hpp asserts, except for the non-throwing
version of polymorpic_cast where the assert is critical, and will
document the potential ODR problem there. I will also revert the
name for that flavor to "safe_downcast". Thus it becomes exactly
what you proposed two months ago. I suppose people will argue about
the name, and thats okay, but let's move on.

     Good call -- both on calling time and, in fact, the name.

     At least we are no longer unaware of the issues, which is perhaps the
     main thing to take from this.

     Kevlin