From: Valentin Bonnard (Bonnard.V_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-09-07 18:22:10

Moore, Paul wrote:

> The SGI STL implementation includes a few non-standard extensions (notably
> slist and hash_map). Would there be any point in extracting those
> implementation (assuming that is possible) and putting them into boost, so
> that they are available for people not using the SGI STL?
>
> I'll probably do this for my own purposes anyway - would adding it to Boost
> be reasonable?

Issues:

- different policies: SGI extentions are in namespace std, Boost
  libraries are in boost

- you may just download the whole thing (SGI STL or STLport) and
  use it over your vendor's STL

- we may just put a link the SGI STL page from the Boost page

- if you have the SGI STL installed, these files (povided by
  Boost) could conflict if what you suggest is done

--
Valentin Bonnard