From: Ed Brey (brey_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-10-28 15:56:33

Nick Ambrose wrote:

> Duh ! Sorry, ignore my ranting. I was of course referring to the C4786 error.
> Frankly, this 4503 one sounds scary since it does not (as far as i can see) refer to
> the debug info.
> However, I have never seen 4503. ever. I can't imagine that the limit is 255 here -
> since I have seen 4786 for which the limit is 255.

The following is the help on C4503 (my recollection of 255 was a
little off):

'identifier' : decorated name length exceeded, name was truncated

The decorated name was longer than the maximum the compiler allows
(247), and was truncated. To avoid this warning and the truncation,
reduce the number of arguments or name length of identifiers used.