From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-19 15:42:40

This is an issue we're going to need to tackle sooner or later.

Here are some questions; I'm sure there are more:

1. Since the libraries are interdependent, shouldn't boost overall have a
version-numbering scheme so that users can refer to a version they require?

2. Should we care about link compatibility of earlier and later versions, or
should we just require a recompile? (I favor the latter)

X. [can of worms] When (and how) can we make changes to libraries that
render them incompatible with previous versions?

-Dave