From: Moore, Paul (Paul.Moore_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-20 05:37:20

From: jsiek_at_[hidden] [mailto:jsiek_at_[hidden]]

> I meant to suggest that you put the MSVCPP macro in your library's
> config header, with something like this:
>
> #if defined(_MSC_VER) && !defined(__MWERKS__) ...
> #define MSVCPP
> #endif

OK, that's fine - if someone can define the ... bit for me.

But I still think that removing abs() is better. Can anybody who is
genuinely attached to having an abs() function for rationals, please speak
up. Otherwise it goes. I'd like to get a working version of rational<>
released. I can put abs() back in version N, when the larger issues on this
whole topic have been clarified.

If no-one starts a "save the abs" campaign, I'll produce a demo class which
exposes the problem clearly.

Paul.