From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 1999-12-20 15:09:46

Save the abs()! :)

abs() is one of the more commonly used operations on numbers in
general. I think people would find it very surprising if it was
not there.

Also, why punish those who have good compilers? If you really don't
want to deal with the VC++ junk, just ifdef out the abs() function
for VC++ (and document the fact), but leave it in for the others.

Cheers,

Jeremy