From: Gabriel Dos Reis (Gabriel.Dos-Reis_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-22 17:58:40

"Dave Abrahams" <abrahams_at_[hidden]> writes:

[...]

| 3. Boris Fomitchev and I have found, in doing the latest STLPort for gcc,
| that -fhonor-std doesn't actually work. Amazing as it may sound, std is
| still (mis-)treated specially, though in slightly mysterious ways.

Firstly, GCC-2.92.x/g++ doesn't put its library in namespace ::std, as
documented in its library.

Secondly, with -fhonor-std, the compiler (currently) treats namespace
::std just like any other namespace.
If you find it to be the case that -fhonor-std does not do what it is
supposed to then, please, feel free to file a bug-report for this is a
hot issue that ought to be gotten right.

        gcc-bugs_at_[hidden]

-- Gaby