From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-31 08:39:42

At 02:00 PM 12/30/99 -0800, Darin Adler wrote:

>I believe that back in early November we agreed that implicit_cast
can go
>back to its simple implementation, without the attempts to disable
implicit
>numeric conversion warnings. (The thread was called "why
implicit_cast
>should not disable warnings"). But the change is not in the latest
cast.hpp.

>This is:
>
> 1) A (last?) call for objections.
> 2) A reminder to Beman to make the change in a future version.
> 3) An offer to help (make the change myself and send you a
copy?).

I have been wondering if we have a clear enough idea of what
implicit_cast is supposed to do to make it worthwhile. Otherwise we
should just remove it.

Thanks for the offer to help. Yes, go ahead and make changes, then
let's take a look at it and see if it still serves a useful purpose.

Cheers,

--Beman