From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 1999-12-31 09:02:15

> I have been wondering if we have a clear enough idea of what
> implicit_cast is supposed to do to make it worthwhile. Otherwise we
> should just remove it.
>
> Thanks for the offer to help. Yes, go ahead and make changes, then
> let's take a look at it and see if it still serves a useful purpose.

FWIW, I still think it's a good idea.

To whom it may concern: while you're in there making small changes, could
you please apply my bug fix to cast.hpp which brings the casts into boost
via using-declarations instead of using-directives. This is a small change,
but it greatly affects the utility of this part of the library on a
conforming compiler!

Thank you,
Dave