From: Nicolai Josuttis (nicolai.josuttis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-04 15:04:18

Ed Brey wrote:

> [cpp -> html filter]
>
> A general policy of how we want to present code on boost would be
> nice, although not too important, since the code that gets the most
> quick looks, and therefore would benefit mostly from HTMLizing, is
> beta code, which need not follow as formal a process as released
> code. Still, would it be reasonable for the html version to be
> generated for all the source files. The html version should would not
> be included in the zip file, since it is redundant and since people
> who download the zip will probably want to read the original files in
> their favorite text editor.

may be, may be not.
As surfing though file via HTML often is a lot more fun, I'd
prefer also to ship the HTML files (in the compose stuff this is done).

> Nicolai Josuttis wrote:
> [...]
> > # Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software for personal
> > # and educational use is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above
> [...]
>
> This doesn't seem to fit the boost licensing ideal, so posting the
> converter on boost doesn't seem like a good idea with the license as
> is. However, if the license could be made so that it is free to all,
> I think it would be a nice addition to the boost site.

OOPS, I will change it ASAP.

And, as this is the same as for my compose stuff, it seems I
have to change it there, too!!!
It seems, nobody, including me, has noticed that yet.

--
Nicolai M. Josuttis          	http://www.josuttis.de/
Solutions in Time        	mailto:solutions_at_[hidden]