From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-09 12:55:10

Jeremy writ:

> Right, I was already thinking of the name ptr_array as a replacement :)

That sounds like an array of pointers to me. array_ptr sounds like a pointer
to an array, which is what this class wraps. Not perfect, but closer, I
think.

> How about "Collection"?

Great. Now who will write the document which defines the concept? We ought
to keep it broad enough to be able to encompass proxy containers as
discussed earlier in this forum. Also, I expect we'll need a few refinements
(e.g. immutable, reversible...).

P.S. I think "reversible_container_helper" should probably be
"reversed_collection" or something. It doesn't help make the base container
reversible after all; that's a property of the base container.