From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-01-09 13:38:59

Dave Abrahams writes:
> What is the status of your collaboration with Dietmar on the graph stuff?
> Looking at the code you posted, it seems not to include some of the concepts
> that had been discussed or advocated by Dietmar on the reflector... not that

I'm not sure which concepts you are referring to...

So as to property_accessor, the new version I posted now only uses
Dietmar's property_accessor (not ggcl decorator). It was easier
to make compatible with VC++ :)

In the algorithms I used Visitors, which had not yet been discussed
(well Dietmar said he liked an algorithm object approach
better). We should probably open discussion about them.

> I neccessarily agree with all of them! Also, what are the status and plans
> of the part of what you've posted that is in ggcl? Is there some intention
> to roll it into boost? I'm just trying to understand what we're dealing with
> here...

This is a bit sticky. The part in ggcl/ will stay with the ggcl
license. The stuff I've put in the boost directory of that tar ball
I intend to contribute to boost. Another words, there will be the
boost graph interface specification, there will be a ggcl
implementation, and if Dietmar, you, or others want to do a
boost implementation that's great too. I'm sorry that I can't
contribute the ggcl implementation, but I can't change the license.

Ciao,

Jeremy