From: Andy Sawyer (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-14 17:37:12

On 14 January 2000 09:34, Andy Glew wrote:
> Subject: [boost] Re: Bag concept
[...]
> Briefly
> =====
>
> "queue" means ordered extracts. LIFO if nothing else;
> or "priority_queue". No guarantees on internal order.

 Having LIFO as the "default" ordering of a queue disturbs me. Where I come
from, Queues are normally FIFO, and Stacks are LIFO. This is reinforced (at
least in this context) by the detail that The Standard embodies FIFO Queues
and LIFO Stacks as container adapters.
 I'd also be upset if the queue at the local supermarket became LIFO :-)

Regards,
 Andy

--
Andy Sawyer, Technical Director, Sufficiently Advanced Technology Ltd.
mailto:andys_at_[hidden]        ICQ:14417938        http://www.morebhp.com