From: Andy Sawyer (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-01-14 17:37:15

On 12 January 2000 15:14, jsiek_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Subject: [boost] Collection Concept
>
> Dave Abrahams writes:
> > Jeremy,
> >
> > It looks quite good to me. One problem: it's going to be hard
> > to satisfy the "amortized constant time swap" requirement for
> > the array<> implementation we're thinking of, I think :(
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. I'll change it to linear time.

 Someone might argue that array<T,N> actually _does_ satisfy constant time
swap, since the numer of operations required is the same for all instances
of array<T,N> (bearing in mind that array<T,N+1> is a different type to
array<T,N>). This would, of course, be skulduggery of the highest order...

Regards,
 Andy

--
Andy Sawyer, Technical Director, Sufficiently Advanced Technology Ltd.
mailto:andys_at_[hidden]        ICQ:14417938        http://www.morebhp.com