From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-01-24 00:58:25

Dave Abrahams writes:
> Oh, sorry: it wasn't clear to me that the other parts would be supplied by
> the library. In that case, I am more than happy with the example (except for
> the using-directives!)
>
> Now, in light of my abs/swap conversation, it concerns me that the graph
> library is relying on Koenig lookup to find the process and discover
> functions for a visitor.

The Koenig lookup problem is not as bad as the template
member problem in VC++! On broken compilers you can probably get
away with just putting process() in the global namespace. Functions
like that really don't pollute the namespace.

The old ggcl the process() as a member of visitor, but had to use
template members, and broke of VC++.

> It concerns me even more that the idiom for making a visitor involves
> remembering to call a base class' process function (and using a
> static_cast)! Can't we do something about that?

I'll think about it when I go to bed, maybe I'll have an idea
by morning :)

Cheers,

Jeremy