From: Jens Maurer (jmaurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-07 18:32:55

Maarten Keijzer wrote:
> I've been checking the interval library a bit as this is precisely what I
> needed for some work and the PROFIL/BIAS interval library didn't provide
> the proper interface

I shall have a look at that.

> As I'm using MSVC I needed to change some stuff in the file interval.hpp
> (isnan -> _isnan, include a file msvc_rounding_control.hpp (see below))

Thanks, applied. Please check out the new version in the docvault.
And please mail me (privately) a boost-compatible copyright notice for
msvc_rounding_control.hpp

> in
> operators.hpp temporarily hacked a less_than_comparable2<interval<RealType,
> Traits>, RealType > class, added std::min and std::max etc.)

Please direct the operators.hpp amendment to the respective maintainer.

> [...] When changing the interval_traits to return
> quiet_NaN rather than signaling_NaN everything runs without errors.

I've changed that, since it does not seem to make a difference
on Linux/gcc. I wonder whether
_isnan(std::numeric_limits<double>::signaling_NaN())
returns "false" with MSVC. This would not be the expected behavior.

Jens Maurer