From: Jens Maurer (jmaurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-08 16:52:29

jsiek_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Looking at the interval proposal there's some missing functionality.

I've added some of the missing functionality.

> Also it includes the assembly code
> for Solaris rounding modes.

Since it is for non-commercial use only, it is incompatible with boost
copyright rules.

> There are some issues that need carefull attention, the behaviour of
> divide by zero,

This currently gives [-inf, inf] with my class.

> what semmantics to choose for operator< if any,
> etc. It would probably be good to pick the brains of the interval
> computing community (there's a mailing list reliable_computing that
> you can get to from the web page previously mentioned).

Good idea.

> This of course
> is important so that we can write generic code, for instance the
> interval class should be usable in MTL with no changes.

I'm currently running the full MTL testsuite with my interval
class instead of "double". Everything seems to compile after a
few obvious fixes, but there are still a few validation issues.

Jens Maurer